Most of us know about HTML and CSS, but HAML and SASS might be new for many. HAML & SASS are meta-languages for HTML and CSS respectively.
- Stands for HTML Abstraction Markup Language
- It’s a lightweight markup language that is used to cleanly & describe the XHTML of any web document without the use of traditional inline coding.
- File Extension: “.haml” or “.html.haml”
- Key Principles of HAML
- Markup should be beautiful
- Markup should be indented
- Markup should be DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself)
- Stands for Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets
- It is a scripting language that is interpreted into CSS, that helps to describe clean, structured CSS of a document.
- File Extension: “.sass”
- Key Principle of SASS
- To make CSS more powerful, DRY and manageable